COVID-19 Safety at Colchester Dental Group
From Day 1, our commitment to your safety and health has been our top priority. We have always followed infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) so that you feel as safe and comfortable as possible. For your and our staff’s protection, we have taken the necessary extra measures out of an abundance of caution to ensure everyone’s safety while you receive care.
You may notice the following changes the next time you visit our office:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- When you enter the office, your temperature will be taken with a contactless thermometer.
- Patients will be asked to wear a mask at all times when they are not in the dental chair.
- HEPA air filters have been installed in each operatory to ensure the safety of the office’s air.
- We use the Isolite suction system to reduce aerosols in the air.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Front desk staff will be wearing protective equipment.
- We are asking patients to call and check in when they arrive and wait in their car until their treatment time to limit patient interaction.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the building at any one time.
- We advise that you limit your companions to the dental office only to those essential.
- Surfaces in the office will be disinfected frequently throughout the day and between patients.
- If you need to fill out paperwork and are unable to do so digitally, we suggest you bring your own pen to fill out the papers.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to call us at 802.424.9076, and we will be glad to provide further insight on our infection control procedures.